AIPO Blog Posts Guidelines
Guidelines for post submissions to the AIPO Blogsite
Introduction – Blog Posts are only open to AIPP members. It is important you understand AIPO’s position in the market, and the nature of its supportive role for British buyers & owners of a foreign property before you submit your post (please see page 2 for further details).
We welcome each and every contribution but please allow up to two weeks for a response. We are very happy to work with you on submissions if help is needed. Posts not meeting our editorial criteria will not be featured. See our ‘Top Tips’ below for further guidance.
Word count – Between 300 and 800 words is ideal but more can be used if felt necessary.
Images – images you send us must be owned by you and must be properly attributed and credited. Failure to do this will result in them being rejected. Jpeg format is preferred and images must be high resolution. If you do not supply images, AIPO will provide appropriate stock images.
Content – should be original and unique, not nakedly sales-focused or just a native advertisement
Format – articles to be in Word format, attached by email to email@example.com along with images.
Byline – your article will be ‘Guest post by’ so please supply your name /company name
Edits – please don’t be offended if we suggest changes. You will be informed before we publish in case you want to re-write. The editor’s decision is final.
Schedule and deadlines – we will publish separately on the AIPP website a list of subject series we will be seeking guest blogs upon and relevant deadlines. All content is welcome, even if it does not fit in with the series we are suggesting but you may want to first check your topic with us before writing to save time.
Links – we welcome links but will delete those we feel are unnecessary or inappropriate.
Republishing – once an article has been submitted to AIPO it becomes the property of the blog owner and cannot be republished elsewhere without written permission from AIPO. We do encourage you to post a link to the guest article on your own blog and share via social media.
Sharing – the article will be shared across AIPO social media, possibly also approved partner sites.
Expectations – if appropriate, we will open-up comments to the blog post – credibility is added to the post if you, as the guest author, answer the comments.
• Don’t state the obvious and try to overtly sell – say something genuinely interesting!
• Posts should ideally be informative, entertaining or persuasive (all 3 if possible!)
• A strong and engaging first paragraph should give an idea of what the post is about
• Pull-quotes should be used when possible to break up text
• Posts should generally end with a further action the readers can take
• Titles should be about 5 words long and hook the reader i.e. a problem you are solving
• Choose language that is inclusive and avoid expressions with prejudiced overtones
What is the Alliance of International Property Owners – AIPO?
By supporting British-resident owners of a foreign property we will attract buyers. We think buyers will more readily relate to, and interact with, an organisation created just for them.
The AIPO Blog offers a unique platform for AIPP members to connect and share their thoughts, ideas, services and tips directly with their ideal consumer market.
Visitors to AIPO can search and find AIPP members and contact you directly with their enquiry.
AIPP is launching AIPO for three key reasons:
1. To broaden your market footprint & increase awareness of your business
2. To support those we help create: foreign property owners
3. Increase buyer awareness benefits of only buying from AIPP members
We estimate 20,000+ British buyers a year join the 800,000 British-resident owners of a foreign property.
AIPO editorial will offer both groups support in the following 4 areas:
1. Knowledge & Advice – guides & legal advice
2. Inspiration, Savings & Offers – from our strategic partners
3. Representation to Authority – addressing both positive & negative issues
4. Community Hub – driving connection & support for buyers & owners
To do this effectively, we are moving all the consumer-oriented content from the AIPP website and adding it to the AIPO site. We are also adding a lot more content to AIPO, including some from new strategic partners – all with an interest in supporting buyers, once they become owners.
Its FREE for members to post on AIPO: email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s start talking
If you would like professional help in preparing and submitting editorial to us – and other PR-related matters – then please contact the two AIPP members providing help in this area:
A: 133 Whitechapel High Street London E1 7QA (UK)
T: +44 (0) 20 3457 0837
A: 9 Duke Street, Richmond TW9 1HP (UK)
P: +44 (0) 20 86147503
Please note that both of these companies are independent of AIPP & AIPO and will charge for their services, once quoted and approved, directly to you.