Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF WWW.AIPP.ORG.UK (“AIPP WEBSITE”) AND TO ANY CORRESPONDENCE BY E-MAIL BETWEEN AIPP AND YOU.
USING THE AIPP WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN FULL REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER WITH US. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE AIPP WEBSITE.
These terms and conditions are issued by AIPP, company number 5677417, registered office Wey Court West, Union Road Farnham GU9 7PT
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on the 5th May 2018.
- You will be able to access some areas of the AIPP Website without registering your details or becoming a member of AIPP. Certain areas of the AIPP Website are only available if you register by becoming a member of AIPP.
- AIPP may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check the AIPP Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you and AIPP. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this AIPP Website.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from the AIPP Website for your private and business use on the following basis
a) no documents or graphics on the AIPP Website are modified in any way;
b) no graphics on the AIPP Website are used separately from accompanying text; and
c) AIPP’s copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
2. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights (including database right) in all material on the AIPP Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by AIPP or its licensors. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any use of extracts from the AIPP Website other than in accordance with paragraph 2.1) above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use the AIPP Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the AIPP Website.
Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of the AIPP Website may be reproduced or stored in any other AIPP Website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without AIPP’s prior written permission.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
If you wish to use any material on the AIPP Website outside the licence granted in this clause 2, you must seek written permission from AIPP and comply with any additional restrictions if permission is granted. AIPP may grant or withhold permission in their absolute discretion.
3. Service access
- While AIPP endeavours to ensure that the AIPP Website is normally available 24 hours a day, AIPP will not be liable if for any reason the AIPP Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to the AIPP Website (either in its entirety, or to elements of it) may be suspended and without notice.
4. Visitor material and conduct
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the AIPP Website any material:
a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
2. You may not misuse the AIPP Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
3. AIPP will co-operate fully with any law enforcement authority or court requesting or directing AIPP to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of paragraph 4.1 or paragraph 4.2 of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Third party websites
- If you would like to link to this AIPP Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this AIPP Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the AIPP logo;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this AIPP Website;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with AIPP nor present any other false information about AIPP;
- you do not otherwise use any AIPP trade marks displayed on the AIPP Website without express written permission from AIPP;
- your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- AIPP expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in paragraph 5.2 for breach of these Terms and Conditions and to take any action it deems appropriate.
- You shall fully indemnify AIPP for any loss or damage suffered by AIPP or any of its group companies for breach of paragraph 5.2.
- Each registration in membership is for a single user only. AIPP does not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete and inform AIPP immediately of any changes by updating your details. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you. If you know or suspect that someone else has your password you should contact AIPP immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While AIPP endeavours to ensure that the information on the AIPP Website is correct, AIPP relies on information provided by third parties. AIPP may make changes to the material on the AIPP Website, or to any products, services and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the AIPP Website may be out of date, and AIPP makes no commitment to update such material. You should make your own enquiries as to the accuracy of any information or material available from the AIPP Website.
- The material at the AIPP Website is provided ‘as is’ without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. The information provided is not a substitute for legal, financial, real estate or other expert advice. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, AIPP provides you with the AIPP Website on the basis that AIPP excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these Terms and Conditions might have effect in relation to this AIPP Website.
- The AIPP does not sell properties, but it is an association made up of property sellers & associated companies who voluntarily subscribe to the AIPP Code of Conduct.The AIPP does not underwrite the business activities of its members. AIPP does monitor and enforce its Code of Conduct and does, from time to time, take disciplinary proceedings against members that may lead to their sanction – and expulsion from the AIPP is the ultimate sanction we can impose. In common with other trade organisations, the AIPP does not underwrite for the benefit of members of the public any shortcomings or negligent acts by its members.That said, AIPP Business Members are also subscribed to the independent and specialist The Property Ombudsman service. Members of the public can, at no cost to themselves, make a complaint about an AIPP Business Member which, if upheld by The Property Ombudsman, could lead to an award of compensation being made to the complainant of up to £25,000 – such an award being payable by the AIPP member.AIPP and its sister company, AIPO (Alliance of International Property Owners), provide free and impartial information to UK citizens about buying a foreign property and promote to buyers & owners the benefits of using AIPP members.While we try to ensure the accuracy of the information, AIPP cannot accept any liability arising from your reliance upon it, or from the inclusion in it or omission from it of any data whatsoever.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to this website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on this website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Because AIPP relies on information provided by third parties and provides the AIPP Website to you free of charge, AIPP, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this AIPP Website), and any of AIPP’s officers, directors, employees or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the AIPP Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this AIPP Website, any websites linked to the AIPP Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the AIPP Website or your downloading of any material from the AIPP Website or any websites linked to the AIPP Website.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit AIPP’s liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraudulent misrepresentation or (iii) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on the AIPP Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof. You assume all costs for telecommunications links and computer equipment necessary for you to access the Internet and view the AIPP Website.
9. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in force.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and AIPP ignores this, AIPP will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation when you breach these Terms and Conditions.
- AIPP shall not be responsible for any breach beyond its reasonable control.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any terms in these Terms and Conditions but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.